Information for Buyers
- During viewing days, objects can be examined in detail. Catalogue descriptions were written to the best of conscience and belief. No liability shall be incurred for the details given. Condition, age, authenticity, ascription to an artist or an era, identification, signatures and dates, and possible imperfections or restorations must be examined by the prospective buyer. We refer to our Auction Terms & Conditions, particularly article 6 and 6a.
- The description and photos of every auction item is available on our website www.schulerauktionen.ch.
- The Art Loss Register (ALR) checks every auction lot with an estimate of CHF 2'000.- or above.
- A buyer’s premium is added to the hammer price of each lot sold:
Up to CHF 10’000.– 23% plus VAT
From CHF 10’001.– to CHF 50'000.- 20% plus VAT
From CHF 50’001.– 16% plus VAT
These rates also apply to online bids.
- The purchaser is required to pay value added tax on the premium. This premium applies to dealers, wholesalers as well as private clients.
- All objects marked with * are fully subjected to value added tax, i.e. for these objects, VAT has to be paid on the hammer price as well as on the buyer’s premium.
- VAT amounts will be refunded to buyers who produce a valid export declaration and their bank reference.
- Payment methods: bank transfer, EC/PC (Debit Card) or cash. Payments by credit card or paypal upon request (additional 4-5% fees)
- Any purchased items not collected within two weeks of the start of the auction will be stored with the shipping company, Seiler (Brauerstrasse 55, 8004 Zürich, T +41 44 242 19 19), at the buyer’s expense (CHF 5.–/object/day) without prior notice due to space constraints.
- We do neither pack nor ship ourselves. Our partners for packing and shipping will gladly quote you for international and national shipments.
For any information regarding shipment, please contact them directly providing your lot number, the name of the auction house and your invoice:
Art Verpackung Solution, Samir Jasarevic, for all shipments: email@example.com or +41 76 390 47 77
YSDS Art: firstname.lastname@example.org oder +41 44 500 22 56
Please take note that import taxes (VAT) and duties of the recipient country will be charged to the importer (recipient) additionally.